Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bratwurst and Kielbasa with Sauerkraut

Today I would be too embarrassed to elaborate too thoroughly on what I made for dinner. I was very busy with a video and getting things organized after being away for a couple of days, okay. Let's just leave it at the baked ham with pineapple I often make and have once blogged about on this site and try not to linger too long on the frozen sweet potatoes I had in my freezer from Thanksgiving and the frozen peas and carrots I usually reserve for a quick Bazzy vegetable. Not a proud culinary moment in the Oliva Cave house. But it was actually pretty tasty. And I did originally make those sweet potatoes. Or was that my mom's Thanksgiving contribution? I don't know. It was too long ago.

And this past weekend was not much better with the exception of the steak and shrimp kebabs we had at our friends Emmett and Lindsay's on Sunday night at their Marathon vacation house. Thank you, Emmett for braving the storm and sticking it out on the BBQ.

But on Saturday, after a beautiful day at the beach -- the first of this season -- Damien and I had a craving for sausage. With our new grill, we have been excited to grill just about anything, but on Saturday night we decided to go with our craving and enjoy some bratwurst and kielbasa.

We grilled them up, added a little bit of sauerkraut and some dijon mustard and voila! A delicious simple meal. We didn't even have room for the potato salad and cole slaw we bought as sides. The only thing I was missing was the ice cold beer Damien was able to enjoy. I didn't really miss alcohol during my last pregnancy, but this time is different. Man, I really would have liked that beer.

I'm hoping to make some progress on my videos this week so I can get back to creating some more memorable meals. But, I can't really complain considering that it feels so great to work. I think it's even been good for Baz. In fact, he started walking. Maybe a little distance from his mom has given him that sense of independence and confidence to take that big step. Go Baz!

No comments:

Post a Comment