Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm Back!

After a long hiatus -- sorry about that -- I'm am back at it. I've missed writing on this blog, coming up with new recipes and keeping in touch with all of you who read and comment on it. But, it has been a hectic time and, well, there has been something else on my mind that I wasn't quite ready to talk about in public. Turns out I'm pregnant again -- like 5 and a half months pregnant -- and I just wasn't really read to divulge the info. And with my pregnancy causing a craving that had me eating eggplant parmesean four times I week, I was having a hard time figuring out how to explain that or what to write without coming clean. Not to mention that it is not really any fun to read a blog by someone who is not being totally honest. I mean, what's the point really.

So, there it is. I'm pregnant. And it's a GIRL! I know I am not really supposed to express a preference -- after all, I really do just want a healthy baby, yada yada yada. But, I did sort of want a girl to balance out the Oliva Cave household. I mean, a boy would be great too. A little buddy for Baz. A house full of boys and boy stuff. Stuff I already have. But, a little girl will be so much fun, too.

It's sort of hard switching gears though. I've figured out how to be a mom to a boy. Will it be different with a girl? Should it be different with a girl? It's not just about buying stuff for her -- and no she will not only wear pink stuff. But, will she be as tough as Baz? As loud? As active? Will we do the same things?

Anyway, I'm excited and relieved to get it off my chest. And now I am no longer craving just eggplant parmesean so I'll start making some good food again. In fact, we've already started.

We recently moved to a great new house in Surfside, FL where we have a backyard and, therefore, a grill!! It is heaven. We use the thing at least 3 or 4 times a week and everything really does seem to taste better when grilled -- especially steak! Plus the new house has a gas stove and oven which has made huge difference in the quality of my cooking. It's amazing. Those Miami Beach apartment might have nice-looking kitchens, but I don't think they ever expected people to actually cook in them.

So, I'll have new recipes shortly. Tonight I am not sure what I am making yet. I am going to go to the store to buy some groceries later in the day and I thought I'd see if there is some fish that I can sprinkle some cajun spices on and grill. We shall see.

In the meantime, it's nice to be back.

1 comment:

  1. glad you're back d! and can't wait to see you and your pregnant belly soon :)

    ReplyDelete