Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cajun Red Snapper

Today I went to West Palm Beach to meet up with my mother for some Christmas shopping and so that she could spend some time with Baz. It was a really lovely afternoon and it was great to see her. We even got his picture taken with Santa. But, then on my way home, I thought about how I needed to make dinner and I really just didn't feel much like making anything. How pathetic is that? All I did was do some shopping with my mom and that makes me not want to make dinner.

But, I pulled it together. I had to stop at Costco yet again to pick up some more formula for Baz -- oh, and this is after it started pouring rain and I got rear ended by some horrible Miami driver. Baz was really shaken up about it, but no damage to baby or the car. Anyway, once I finally arrived in Hades -- I mean, rush hour Costco -- I took at a look at what fish they had. I usually just go for the salmon, but today I saw that they had some reasonable portions of red snapper. Perfect!

So, I just sprinkled some cajun spices on the fish and sauteed the pieces in some butter and olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side. Then I heated up some of the left over potatoes gratin from the other night and microwaved/steamed some green beans, and it wasn't a half bad dinner.

I'll try and find out what exactly my cajun spice is made off. It's from a recipe my dad gave me years ago. We made a huge jar-full a while back and break it out every once in a while. It's fabulous.

Oh and thanks to Mima (that's my mom's nickname as grandma) for the awesome new truck she gave Baz. He loves it.

1 comment:

  1. he's getting so big! i hope i get to meet him this spring.
    xo
    kita

    ReplyDelete