Friday, October 30, 2009

Locally Grown

So sorry that I seem to have been on hiatus for the past week and a half. I had a video to do for the New York Times so it's been insane around here. But, hopefully it will all pay off this weekend. The story is scheduled to run on Sunday. Take a look at nytimes.com and check out the video player.

I have a few recipes I would like to share from last week -- Damien is actually the one who did most of the cooking -- but I will get to that in the next post. First, for all of you who read about my experience with the Coconut Grove Farmers Market, I wanted to point out this interesting Miami Herald article about how Publix is going to start identifying local produce with a Redland-Raised label. It also explains a few reasons there is not as much locally grown produce as you might expect from South Florida.

Again, apologies for my lack of posts. Video is finished so I'll start cooking again.

1 comment:

  1. Both the article and video were terrific and an eye opener. Now I know what you were doing on your trips!

    ReplyDelete