Thursday, August 6, 2009

Home Game

Yesterday I sat down and read a book! I know, it's crazy. But, Baz decided to take a really long nap, like 2 hours, and so I read. And I want to recommend the book.

Michael Lewis' Home Game was just what the doctor ordered. Damien bought it awhile back (since he is addicted to ordering books from Amazon) and then my friend, Annie was talking about seeing Michael Lewis on some television talk show and how interesting the book looked. (I think at the time we were also talking about how her 2 year old daughter, Rosie, was on a strictly french fry and gummy vitamin diet.)

The book was funny and honest and inspiring. We're all idiots when it comes to parenting, yet most of us will raise pretty good kids. It's nice to be reminded of that every once in a while especially when it's in a well-written and entertaining form by a guy who is definitely a lot smarter than I am. Not to mention it's also short enough to read in a sitting or two.

So, check it out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment