Monday, August 17, 2009

Julie & Julia...and lots of cake



















I am still plowing through my chocolate coconut cake and enjoying every gluttonous bite. And no, I don't think there are really any glass or plastic shards in it. It has been carefully inspected after Damien's accident yesterday.

And I was able to redeem my horrible movie-going experience from the other day by seeing a much better movie. Go see Julie & Julia. It was just....delightful. I don't know how else to describe it. I just loved seeing two loving marriages portrayed in such a fun, light way. Meryl Streep is just amazing as Julia Child. I was giddy every time one of her scenes would start. And even the Julie part with Amy Adams was better than I thought it would be. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that it was partly about a woman who decides to start a blog about cooking. It's not exactly why I decided to start this blog, but I am sure that it subconsciously had something to do with it. So, for me in particular, it was an inspiring happy movie that I thoroughly enjoyed. Go see it!

Even though I was inspired by the delicious looking food in the film, we still had our usual Sunday night pizza. And tonight, I think I should just make one of the many meals I have saved in my freezer. Maybe meatloaf tonight. We'll see though since I am inspired and since I do have to go to the store to by milk - God knows I could die tomorrow morning if I can't have my latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment