Thursday, August 6, 2009

Update - Peanut Butter and Jelly

Okay, so I didn't have pesto for dinner tonight. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with half of a baked sweet potato and some broccoli. It's the kind of dinner Damien absolutely hates. It makes him sick just hearing about it. But, I liked it. It's just what I wanted.

For some reason I've been craving peanut butter and jelly lately. This was my third sandwich this week. But I was afraid it wouldn't be enough, because I was also starving. (I fit in a short run before the babysitter finished her shift.) So I threw in the sweet potato and broccoli because they also offered some nutrition. Plus now I have the other half of the sweet potato for Bazzy. He loves sweet potatoes.

On another note, John Hughes died today. I'm so sad. His movies had a huge impact on my adolescence and he is even the reason I ended up working the film business. See John Hughes went to my high school in Chicago and he liked to shoot his high school movies there. During recess one day while I was at Maple Junior High School (which was right across the street), we all got to watch as Mr. Hughes directed a scene for Ferris Bueller's Day Off involving that beautiful red Ferarri. At one point, a production assistant came over and told us that when we went to the theater to watch the movie, we should remember that the scene had to be re-shot because of us - a bunch of excited 12 year olds who couldn't be quiet. We did remember. When what seemed like the whole town of Northbrook went to a screening of the movie, we all clapped and cheered throughout as our town, school and even our friends showed up on screen during the now classic film. I thought, wow, one day I want to be a part of this. Not to mention that Sixteen Candles was and still is one of my favorite movies ever!

He was only 59 which is not really helping this heightened sense of mortality I've been feeling since Baz was born.

RIP John Hughes.

No comments:

Post a Comment