Wednesday, September 9, 2009

High Chairs

My friend Becky was asking a bunch of us mom friends about what high chairs we use. Her daughter, Olivia, is just starting on solid foods so she was trying to figure out what equipment she'll need especially since her husband, Brian, insisted she do some research before putting yet another piece of baby gear in their Brooklyn apartment.

I thought I would gather the information that her email elicited.

The ideas:

1. Bumbo (Baz is sitting in one in the above photo) - Me and another friend used the Bumbo for the early stages of feeding since it is a comfortable way to keep the baby sitting securely upright. It's also super easy to clean.

2. Phil and Ted's Me Too and Chicco Caddy Hook-On Portable Latch On Chairs - They fit right on your table so they take up less space. The only thing I don't love about my Chicco version is that it is kind of cumbersome for travel purposes and since there is no tray, things fall between the chair and the table.

3. Ikea Antilop $19.99 High Chair - Our friend, Annie, believes this is the best option because it is so inexpensive and so easy to clean since it has no nooks and crankies for food to get stuck in. She has a Peg Perego Primo Pappa collecting dust in the basement because it is just too difficult to clean. I think I'll be getting one of these!





4. Stokke Tripp Trapp - At $250, this one is a little rich for my blood, but it sure does look cool. I mean look at it - it's beautiful! And it's fairly compact for a high chair, sliding nicely under most kitchen tables. It does also double as a stool for adults and a play seat/desk chair as your child grows so it might be worth it for some folks.

So there you have it. Any other suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment