Friday, September 25, 2009

Leftover Chili and Cafe Bambini

Last time I tried to take some chili out of the freezer, I accidentally pulled out my saved Tortilla Soup. It was a happy accident partly because I really like the Tortilla Soup, and partly because I still had the chili to use at some point.

Well, that some point came the day before yesterday when I was still reeling from my horrible london broil cooking night. So, I reached into the freezer and pulled out the tupperware filled with my delicous chili.

It was perfect because I had also spent the afternoon at this neat cafe called Cafe Bambini in North Miami Beach. My friend Stasi discovered it somehow and asked if I wanted to meet her there to check it out. What a good idea! According to the web site, it was created by two stay-at-home mom's who were looking for a safe place to take their kids where they could also enjoy a great cup of coffee. They created a fun play space for kids that have things like a toy piano, one of those ball pits that the kids can jump around in and a science and discovery play station. And they have a wonderful little cafe that serves things like paninis and pizzas as well as Segafredo coffee products. You can also buy small packages of Cheerios and other kid friendly items.

You pay $5 for use of the play space and I have to say, it was pretty worth it just so I didn't have put everything back in it's place afterwards - or maybe I was supposed to, but how I could I with all those kids tearing shit up! The other kids made it pretty exciting for Baz, too. Not only could he play with - and get a big scratch on the face from - his good friend Sophia, Stasi daughter, but there were older kids who he could be in awe of.

He was pretty pooped after the whole thing, which meant a good sleep night for me. And Damien and I enjoyed a nice bowl of piping hot chili when he finally went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment