Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pollo Tropical!

As I mentioned, Damien is away...again...so I'm not feeling very inspired to cook. So, I'm just enjoying the leftover enchiladas from yesterday which were so good. Thank you, Kita.

But I did want to share my new fast food find. Pollo Tropical! I have seen them all over Miami but it just never won out over Taco Bell when I was traveling or in need of a quick on-the-go lunch. However, yesterday I was out running errands and Baz fell fast asleep in the car. Not having the heart to wake him, I looked for a way to stall for a few minutes before I went to the supermarket. I hadn't eaten so I searched around for someplace with a drive-thru since drive-thru's are my saving grace these days. And by the way, quick aside: All of you people who don't have young kids and are not handicapped, is it too much to ask that you not use the drive-thru ATMs? I mean really, how lazy can you be!

Anyway, where was I? Looking for a drive-thru so I don't have to wake my sleeping baby. And the idea of McDonald's or Burger King just sounded terrible after our week of junk food in Boston. That's when I saw Pollo Tropical. I'd heard they have rice and beans so I thought that sounded like a healthier alternative.

Well, it was fabulous! I ordered the chicken, white rice and beans Tropichop for $3.29 and a side of fried plantains for $1.89. It was all delicious and with the chicken being grilled, all-white breast meat, it felt somewhat healthy. If only I could have resisted the fried plantains. And there were tons of other things on the menu that probably would have made better deals. I just felt all flustered and pressured to order at the drive-thru. But, I did drive away wondering what had taken me so long to check this place out. I'll be back and will make sure I take a little more time to examine the menu beforehand. I love it!

Tomorrow I am going to make a ton of baby food for Baz. I talkin' peaches and pears and string beans and squash. It's going to be a baby food bonanza! And I am also going to continue my quest to get him to drink out of a sippy cup. Wish us luck...

1 comment:

  1. we don't have a microwave here yet, which is killing me with leftovers! they just aren't the same if you have to spend the time heating them up on the stove...
    always good to have a go-to quick food place. and i'm glad you liked the enchiladas!

    ReplyDelete