Thursday, September 10, 2009

Old Standbys and Leftovers

I forgot to write in last night with my dinner plans. It was a busy afternoon for me, so Damien agreed to make dinner. But when I got home from a playdate, he hadn't really gotten started on that dinner. Then as he got started he was asking me how to actually make the Chicken Cordon Bleu he had decided on making. I mean, every step. Jeesh, doesn't anyone read my blog?! I posted about my Chicken Cordon Bleu not too long ago here.

In the end, I just ended up taking over since I was being forced to sit at the table and direct him. Damien is a great cook when his head is in the game. But, I could tell he was super distracted. And since he had had a long day of working while my busy day entailed heading to a mom's group first at Mercy Hospital and then at the beach on Key Biscayne, I thought I'd just jump in.

For tonight, I have decided to defrost one of the portions of chili I saved the last time I made it (which must have been before I started this blog because I don't have the recipe listed yet.) You guys, it is really good chili! I just stole the recipe from the Food Network and made some adjustments to it more to my liking. But what I like most about it is the fact that it is made with cubes of beef rather than with ground beef. The recipe doesn't call for beans, but I like to add a couple of different kinds to it. And it also has chipotle in it which is just about my favorite new way to spice up meals. So good!

I'll post the recipe next time I make a pot of it. For tonight, it's already made and defrosting on my countertop as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment