Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rotisserie Chicken Saves the Day

Hi there. Sorry I've been M.I.A. Just been really busy videotaping interviews with Latin pop stars and taking Baz to swim lessons. And Damien is away yet again so it's been pretty bland around here in the dinner department. Tonight I had my favorite combination of peanut butter and jelly sandwich paired with a sweet potato I nuked in the microwave for a little too long. And yesterday I just reheated some leftover lasagna from last week.

But, Monday while Damien was still around, I did one of our other simple dinner solutions. I got us a rotisserie chicken at Publix and paired with their delicious mac and cheese, some cole slaw and steamed green beans. Rotisserie chicken is really the best. Well, the Publix fried chicken is actually the best, but it's just so bad for you I can't get it every time. Rotisserie chicken is a little healthier and so easy. Of course, this last time the chicken was a little dry, but most of the time it's moist and fresh. We used to do this like once a week, but with the blog, I've been inspired to cook a little bit more.

I also forgot to take a picture of our whole dinner and when I went to take a shot of the half eaten chicken, I discovered that ants (that have been so relentless this year) had already attacked it. Yuck! And too bad since that was gonna feed me for the next couple of days.

Instead, I'll post a video by the Latin pop star we interviewed because he is delicious, too. : )



Juanes is a huge star here in Miami and on top of being quite a looker, he was the nicest guy. He is putting on a concert in Havana this weekend as part of his "Peace Without Borders" concert series idea. The first one was on the border of his native Colombia and Venezuela during the 2008 Andean dipolmatic crisis and 300,000 people attended. The Havana concert is stirring up a bit of controversy especially among the Cuban-American "exilio" community who see it as a concession to the Castro regime. But, he insists that he has no political motivation and simply wants to bring a little happiness and music to the Cuban people. So he is pushing forward and the concert is scheduled for Sunday.

It also turns out I am a huge fan of his music even though I didn't realize it prior to interviewing him. His music is all over the Miami radio stations I listen to, but I don't really catch the titles or artist's names when I listen. The video I posted above is one of my favorites.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment