Thursday, September 17, 2009

Planning Ahead

Ugh, I am getting so tired of Damien traveling so much! I mean, I am physically tired. I don't sleep that well when he's not here to begin with. Then Baz had a bad night so I slept even less than usual. And, man, is he demanding during the day. Throw in a tough work day - tough in the sense that things just didn't work out after I took time away from my baby to put in the effort - and I was ready for a nutritious, comforting dinner tonight.

So I went to my favorite solo meal - the Frittata. This time I made it with poblano and green peppers, red onion, broccoli, and some boursin cheese. I really liked the boursin addition. I used the garlic and fine herb version. It's creamy like a goat cheese but with a little extra flavor. I didn't have a baguette this time so I paired it with a perfectly toasted English muffin and had some grapes at the end of the meal for something sweet. It was just what I needed. Since I am so tired I decided to stay away from alcohol, but a glass of white wine would have been a nice addition.

Luckily Damien is coming back tomorrow. He should be home in time for dinner so I want to think of something really great to make. I just have no idea. I have a London broil that I bought last week because it was on sale. My mom used to make that sometimes - sliced pieces of tasty steak. And I have a whole chicken that I can make something with. Maybe I'll break out the Balthazar cookbook!

We shall see. I just hope Baz sleeps better tonight so I have the energy to be creative...

No comments:

Post a Comment